Whether you’re planning to Zoom in with pals for a virtual game of festive Scrabble, or are hoping to connect with family to unwrap holiday gifts together, there’s no need to worry about that free video call you’re on dropping after 40 minutes.
As a token of appreciation to its users during an extraordinary time, Zoom is removing the 40-minute limit on free accounts for all meetings globally for several upcoming special occasions.
Whether coming together on the final day of Hanukkah, celebrating Christmas, ringing in the New Year, or marking the last days of Kwanzaa, those connecting with friends and family won’t get cut short.
Here are the dates and times for unlimited meetings:
- 10 a.m. ET Thursday, Dec. 17, to 6 a.m. ET Saturday, Dec. 19
- 10 a.m. ET Wednesday, Dec. 23, to 6 a.m. ET Saturday, Dec. 26
- 10 a.m. ET on Wednesday, Dec. 30, to 6 a.m. ET on Saturday, Jan. 2
You don’t need to do anything to remove the limit—it will be automatically lifted during these designated times.
Zoom has also given a few actions you can take to ensure you have a wonderful virtual get-together with loved ones:
- Protect your session from uninvited guests by requiring a meeting passcode to join and enabling Waiting Rooms and don’t share your meeting IDs on social media or other public forums
- Download festive virtual backgrounds and have fun with our video filters!
- Get creative with how you Zoom — check out some ideas for hosting virtual parties and tips for connecting with family and friends
So there you go. During the holidays this year, you can digitally connect with those you love for as long as you’d like.
SHARE The Good Holiday News on Social Media…